Though ASUS has confirmed to release the Android 5 Lollipop update last month for its budget smartphone Zenphone 4, Zenphone 5 and Zenphone 6, the Zenphone 2 famed company might take one or two week or may be a month to release the update.
But in case users get impatient and want to experience the Lollipop upgrade as soon as possible, there is a way to get Android 5.0 Lollipop on your Zenphone 4, 5 and 6 right now. The procedure for manual update is no rocket science and is a simple step-by-step guide where everything pops up right in front of your eyes in a lucid manner. All you need to do is click the buttons you are asked to.
Zenphone 4, Zenphone 5 and Zenphone 6 can upgrade to Android 5.0 from ASUS
Before we begin, let us tell you, the update will remove few system default apps such as Battery Widget, Photo Frame Widget, Google Text-to-speech, Movie Studio, Cloud Print, CMClient and Magic Smoke wallpapers.
The upgrade might also add some new apps by default through the system upgrade e.g. Clean Master and ASUS Auto Start Service manager to name a few.
- Make sure your Zenphone has at least 70 per cent battery life.
- Connect the ZenFone to your computer via USB cable.
- Locate the SD card from the computer and take entire back-up of the phone’s storage.
- Download the appropriate SKU update file. Downloading an inappropriate file can lead to failure.
- Once the software gets updated, there is no known measure till date to downgrade it.
- Navigate to Settings>>About>>Model Number>>Build Number and check thesoftware version of your ZenFone. For example, if your device has WW SKU ID on Build number; download the WW only and so on.
You can dowload anything on Asus website at here or download follow below link
Android 5.0 Lollipop file for ASUS Zenphone 4
Download the latest firmware file for ASUS Zenphone 5
Android 5.0 Lollipop file for ASUS Zenphone 5
Download the latest firmware file for ASUS Zenphone 6
- Version WW_18.104.22.168- Download Here(746.47MB)
- Version TE_22.214.171.124- Download Here (748.97MB)
- Version CN_126.96.36.199- Download Here (665.09 MB)
Download Android 5.0 Lollipop File from here
- Version TW_V188.8.131.52- Download Here (693.32MB)
- Version WW_V184.108.40.206- Download Here (700.41MB)
- Version CN_V220.127.116.11- Will be updated soon
Android 5.0 for Zenphone 4, Zenphone 5 and Zenphone 6
- Once you download all the necessary files, connect your ZenFone to the computer via USB cable.
- Locate the OTA file you have just downloaded. Copy the file and paste it to the root directory of your ZenFone.
- Disconnect your smartphone from the computer.
- Notice there a system prompt on notification screen written System File Update Detected.
- Tap on it and you’ll see a dialogue box Select Update Package. Choose the appropriate package and tap on OK button.
- On the next screen, you’ll see System Upgrade Available message. Press OK and wait patiently till you see the Successful System Update message.