In this post, we will help you how to root Zenphone 2
This smartphone is our brainchild and we’re giving a special support to it. Today, we will represent to you how to root Zenphone 2 , what I mean by doing this is create a new way, or shortcut for you guys to download more apps and of course, Google doesn’t like it much. But don’t care about that much because what I do is just good for you. So, let’s come to our main thing today.
First Step to Root Zenphone 2
The first things you need to prepare before rooting, PLEASE DOWNLOAD ALL THINGS DOWN THERE , you can follow those links below to download them:
- Intel USB Driver: Here
- ADB Fastboot Tool : Here
- The pre-rooted firmware files (about 1GB): Here
- Warning : Please choose the files for your device as mentioned below. If the latest firmware is not available, wait a few days as the files are regularly updated. Also choose the correct localized version (WW/CN/JP etc). Flashing an incorrect version might brick your phone.
– ZE551ML – Z008
– ZE550ML – Z00A
- Flash Tools zip file to an accessible location, you download and after that, you have to extract it immediately. The link is at Here
- With WinRAR/WinZIP installed, open the firmware folder double-click the Z00x_WW_x.x.x.x_system_w_root.zip file and extract it. The smaller files will be combined and the complete system.img will be available.
- Then, you move system.img, boot.img, droidboot.img and recovery.img to the folder where you extracted Flash Tools.zip in step 4.
- Turn off your Zenfone 2, press and hold the Volume Up & Power Key together till it vibrates.
- When the phone gets into fastboot mode, connect it to the PC.
- Open the Flash Tools folder. Right click while holding down the shift key and choose Open command window here.
- Pass the following commands in the command window one by one after the previous is finished. The last command will take a few minutes to complete so do wait till finished shows up before disconnecting the phone.
- DONE ! Wait until it reboots completely and you root Zenphone 2 successfully.