Life is getting faster and smarter and you cannot just remain behind, can you?
Today we are surrounded by gadgets that aid us with every day to day activity. However, there is no limit to convenience, is there?
And thus, once we had our Smartphone, most of us wish to have a fantastic Smartwatch to go with it. From being a mere accessory to our Smartphone, Smartwatches have become self-sufficient and standalone devices today. But the rapid increase in the number of companies manufacturing Smartwatches has led to another issue.
How to choose the best and perfect Smartwatch?
Selecting the best Smartwatch is indeed a big problem and you are bound to be confused by the choices. To make your job easier, I have prepared a list of the top 10 best Smartwatches 2017-2018. Let me remind you, what is best for one person need not necessarily be the best choice for another. Thus, take a look at the features and pros and cons of these top 10 Smartwatches from our list and decide for yourself.
Why did I not include the Apple Watch Series 2 Stainless Steel and Ceramic version?
|You might be confused as to why I left out the stainless steel or ceramic version of the Apple Watch Series 2 even though included the Aluminum version.It is simply because of the extremely price difference between the Aluminum version and the Stainless Steel or Ceramic version. Even though the latter two are certainly sturdier and will be more resistant to shocks, the price difference simply does not justify this one slight advantage. Practically speaking, none of us are going to take our Smartwatch to the maximum limit of capability. So, it is completely useless to pay a huge price for this single feature to be included.|
So, why did I select Tag Heuer Connected Luxury Smartwatch?
This model is certainly among the costliest Smartwatch models in the market at present. However, for those who can afford it, a little luxury and indulgence is not a harmless thing.
So, let’s check out our list of best Smartwatch that you can check out in 2018.
|Brand||Compatibility||Water Resistance||Battery Life||Review||Price|
|Android & ISO||Waterproof IP 67||5 days||2411+ customer reviews|
|Android & ISO, SIM card||Not waterproof||1~2 days battery||307+ customer reviews|
|Android only, SIM card||Not waterproof||1day battery||200+ customer reviews|
|iOS||Water Resistant ~50m||18 hours||49+ customer reviews|
|iOS, Android, Windows||Splash, Sweat, Rain Resistant||5 days||5,457+ customer reviews|
|iOS, Android||IP67 Water and Dust Resistant, up to 1m and 30mins||1 – 2 days||1,525+ customer reviews|
|iOS, Android||IP67 Water and Dust Resistant, up to 3 feet and 30mins||2 days||404+ customer reviews|
|Android||IP68 Water Resistant||4 days||7+ customer reviews|
|Android||IP68 Water Resistant||2 days||533+ customer reviews|
|iOS, Android||Water Resistant ~30m||7 days||41+ customer reviews|
|iOS, Android, Windows||Water Resistant ~50m||15 ~ 30 days||292+ customer reviews|
|iOS, Android||Water Resistant ~100m or 330feet||1 day||64+ customer reviews|
|iOS, Android||IP67 Splash Proof||25 hours||3+ customer reviews|
Best cheapest Smartwatches updated Mar/2018
- 1 Xiaomi Huami AMAZFIT – Best Chinese Smartwatch 2018
- 2 Lemfo LF07 – Bestseller smart innovation – multipurpose and standalone function
- 3 Lemfo IW08 – Lowest Price Maximum Features
- 4 Apple Watch 1.5 Inch Series 2, 42mm Aluminum – All-rounder Apple wearable – fast, efficient and best apps included
- 5 Fitbit Blaze – Smart Fitness Watch – #1 Best Seller Smart Watch on Amazon – Your Workout Partner
- 6 Huawei Smartwatch – Best Chinese Android Wear Smartwatch & value for money
- 7 Moto 360 2nd Gen – Most stylish timeless Smartwatch
- 8 Samsung Gear S3 Classic, S3 Frontier – Most innovative Android wear Smartwatch
- 9 Sony SWR50 Smartwatch 3 – Best budget smartwatch for active users
- 10 Pebble 2 Smartwatch – Best Chinese Smartwatch for tech geeks and round the clock partner
- 11 Vector Luna Smartwatch – Best battery life
- 12 Nixon Mission Smartwatch – Best choice for Active Sports enthusiasts
- 13 Tag Heuer Connected – Best luxury smart watch
Xiaomi Huami AMAZFIT – Best Chinese Smartwatch 2018
Xiaomi is currently the biggest startup brand in China, so Xiaomi owns a lot of top brands such as phones, air purifiers, and smartwatch.
Xiaomi Huami AMAZFIT is coming out late than other models, but with beautiful design, good configuration and beautiful interface, Huami AMAZFIT has become the best Chinese smartwatches in 2017-2018.
So what is Xiaomi Huami AMAZFIT feature?
- Multiple sports recorders: track running time, heart rate, pace, calories, speed, cadence, altitude, etc.
- Well appointed communication tool: receive incoming call, message, email, calendar, weather and notification of App
- Excellent wristband performance: with Alipay, GPS, phone-free music, IP67 waterproof
- RAM: 512MB, ROM: 4GB
- Alert type: Vibration
- Bluetooth calling: Phone call reminder
- Health tracker: Heart rate monitor,Pedometer
- Messaging: Message reminder
- Alarm,GPS,Weather forecast,WiFi
- Remote control function: Remote music
- Battery Capacity: 280mAh
- Charging Time: About 3hours
- Standby time: 5 Days
- Product size (L x W x H): 24.50 x 4.50 x 1.20 cm / 9.65 x 1.77 x 0.47 inches
- Product weight: 0.0540 kg
Lemfo LF07 – Bestseller smart innovation – multipurpose and standalone function
First on my list is an innovative and highly versatile Chinese Smartwatch, the LEMFO LF07. If you are looking for a Smartwatch that can perform more than just being an accessory for your Smartphone, the LF07 is certainly a great choice. It can function as an accessory for your Smartwatch, and as a standalone device with a SIM card inserted. Mobile connectivity happens via Bluetooth. The LF07 supports both Android and iOS. It has almost all social and multimedia options as well, including Gmail, email, Wechat, QQ, and SMS notification, Facebook, Twitter, and real-time weather reporting as well.
The one thing that really impressed me about this watch is the innovative design adopted while manufacturing it. The metal body casing perfectly protects the exposed area of the watch while the plastic back cover ensures that the budget remains controlled without compromising on quality. Interface is protected by tough, scratchproof and shatterproof toughened glass. And, you get all of the above at an amazingly low price. The LEMFO LF07 is definitely one of the best budget buy in 2017.
What I did not like?
Even though it supports iPhone, if you are an iPhone owner, you will have trouble setting up the device due to a few unnecessary complicated process used for pairing up. The process could have been made much simpler instead.
- Unique crown control for interface changes, zoom in, zoom out, and dial.
- 5D Arc Toughened HD Touch Screen
- SIM card support for independent phone functions
- Messaging services, multimedia services, social network access
- On-device camera for image capture
- Compatible with both iOS and Android
- Water-resistant body, not waterproof
Lemfo IW08 – Lowest Price Maximum Features
LEMFO IW08 is a multipurpose Smartwatch that can double up as a standalone mobile phone as well. It accepts SIM card and can be used to use this device as a cellphone without pairing up with any other Smartphone. The IW08 also has Bluetooth pairing capability with the Smartphone and allows most functions to be accessed from the Smartwatch itself.
In terms of compatibility, the IW08 is not made for iOS. It can be used with Android 4.3 or above only. The remote control functionality includes controlling the camera as well as music player on the Smartphone. The Smartwatch itself can function as a MP3 player with the help of a TF card. The maximum size of the TF card that can be inserted is 32GB. Mobile acess allows checking text messages on the watch and answering using voice.
The device has an innovative design with metal body casing and toughened glass cover. The back side of the body is made of plastic. There is also the unique crown control on the side that allows using the watch with ease.
What I did not like?
The Smartwatch is not water resistant. This should be a minimal criterion for any Smartwatch since it is far more susceptible to water splashes as compared to Smartphones. It is also not capable of using the Internet and social media functions.
- Toughened glass cover with stainless steel body and plastic back cover
- Battery life of 1 to 2 days
- Standalone phone capability with SIM
- TF card up to 32GB compatible
- Compatible with only Android Smartphone
- Not water resistant
Apple Watch 1.5 Inch Series 2, 42mm Aluminum – All-rounder Apple wearable – fast, efficient and best apps included
Touted to be different from others, Apple maintained its repute while launching the Apple Watch as well. It stuck to the rectangular dial design even though many other major Smartwatch manufacturers opted for the traditional round shape.
As far as looks is concerned, not much has been changed while launching the Series 2 of the watch. However, as with any other Apple product, the price was raised to some extent.
This time, though, Apple made sure that it added some actual features while launching the new version of the Smartwatch. The Series 2 Apple watch has the same smooth and stylish rectangular outlook, but it is now waterproof, thanks to an interesting mechanism that pushes the water outside the watch if any drop of it enters. Apple made quite a spectacle of this feature in the recent promotions. In addition, the Apple watch series 2 has a much brighter OLED display of 1000 nits.
- Water resistant till 50 m
- Built-in GPS
- S2 dual-core processor
- Watch OS 3
- Heart rate sensor, accelerometer, and gyroscope
- Microphone and direct fire speaker
- Ion-X Glass
- OLED Retina Display with Force Touch
What I did not like?
It is almost always the case with Apple products the price tag seems more like a status statement than the price for the product. The other two versions are so exorbitantly priced that I have not even considered them while creating this list.
Fitbit Blaze – Smart Fitness Watch – #1 Best Seller Smart Watch on Amazon – Your Workout Partner
Fitbit launched the latest Smartwatch in the series, Fitbit Blaze, with the promise of making it even better and smarter. However, I must admit, personally I was a tad disappointed when they went on to closely mimic the looks of the Apple watch.
But, in terms of performance, Fitbit Blaze does justice as per the price tag. This Smartwatch can be your perfect fitness partner and you will not have to burn a hole through your pocket to have this on your wrist either. All the features, any fitness enthusiast will look forward to, are included in the watch. Moreover, there are a few features for making it easier to access the basic functions of the Smartphone device as well. However, one area where this Smartwatch truly outsmarts many in the competition is the compatibility with iPhone, and all leading Windows and Android devices.
- Splash, sweat and rain resistant
- GPS connected to Smartphone
- Heart rate monitor
- Multi-sport mode
- Smart track for automatically monitoring activity
- Call, text and calendar alert
- Auto sleep and silent alarm
- Music control
- 5 day battery life (depending upon activity)
- Multi-faceted clock faces
|What I did not like?
The looks and style of the product are just not that premium grade. It gives a more mundane feeling that will not really stand out in a party in most cases.
Huawei Smartwatch – Best Chinese Android Wear Smartwatch & value for money
If you were looking for a best Chinese Smartwatch that will look like a stylish and normal watch, Huawei Watch is certainly among the best choices you have got.
Huawei is a leading Chinese telecommunication device manufacturing organization having its presence across the globe. It has already made its mark with a number of other technological innovations. The latest Huawei Watch is certainly one of the finest examples of craftsmanship by this brand. The Huawei watch has that classic round face with a choice of numerous faces suitable for any occasion. This watch is not only perfect for your Android device, but can even pair up with your iPhone, if you wish it to.
- 4” perfect circle AMOLED display
- Scratch resistant sapphire crystal display cover and stainless steel body
- Easily swappable wrist bands
- Compatible with iOS 8.2 and Android 4.3 and above
- Fitness tracking with heart rate monitor
- Call and text alert along with Android wear apps
What I did not like?
A slimmer look would have done the watch much more justice. Even if I ignore the other technical aspects, it is a bit too thick.
Moto 360 2nd Gen – Most stylish timeless Smartwatch
Moto made enough noise with the launch of Moto 360 first gen, and thus, when the 2nd gen was announced, people were quite expectedly a lot excited. The Moto 360 2nd Get has not disappointed as far as looks is concerned.
It has the classic round shape face with edge to edge display. The watch itself is very slim and looks exceptionally stylish. Moto has also made the watch bands easily detachable and swappable. There are both male and female versions of the Moto 360 2nd Gen. The watch is water resistant, but not water proof. Moto has also made it compatible with both Android and iOS.
- 2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 quad core processor
- Internal memory 4GB and RAM 512MB
- IP67 dust and water resistant. Water resistance up to 3 feet of fresh water and 30 minutes
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3 backlit display
- Heart rate monitor and fitness tracker
- Gyroscope, accelerometer, vibration engine and ambient light sensor
- Compatibility with Android 4.3 and above and iOS 8.2 and above
|What I did not like?
I expected a better and more affordable pricing from Moto, especially when they have not made the watch completely waterproof.
Samsung Gear S3 Classic, S3 Frontier – Most innovative Android wear Smartwatch
Both Samsung Gear S3 Classic and Samsung Gear S3 Frontier are among the most attractive and innovative products launched by the company in their Smartwatch segment.
There isn’t much difference in terms of price tag or features, and hence it all comes down to the choice of the customer based on the first impression about the design as to which one to opt for. I am providing the detailed specification and pros and cons of both the devices and leave it to you as to which one to choose.
As for me, I would opt for the Frontier if I have to go for a sporty look and select the Classic for my business meetings.
|There are two versions available of the Samsung Gear S3 – the Bluetooth version and the eSIM version. eSIM is not supported in every country and the BT version is the most commonly available product. The BT version needs a mobile to make any call. The eSIM is a standalone device that can be used for making call without any mobile pairing. I have considered the BT version since it is the one you will receive in most cases.|
- Mobile device compatibility: Smartphone running Android 4.4 and above and with 1.5GB RAM (best compatibility with Samsung Galaxy device, not compatible with Samsung Tablet)
- Internal memory 4GB and RAM 768MB
- IP68 water and dust resistant
- Built in speaker and mic for making and taking calls using the Smartwatch (needs WiFi connectivity for BT models)
- Accelerometer, gyro sensor, barometer, HR sensor, light sensor
- Tizen OS
What I did not like?
Samsung still behaves like it is the only Andoird mobile manufacturer, when they are clearly not. Making a watch that works best with only Samsung Smartphone while will have some issues while pairing up with other devices at times is not such a smart idea. Moreover, Android OS isn’t that bad either that they need to opt for Tizen.
Sony SWR50 Smartwatch 3 – Best budget smartwatch for active users
Sony is known for its innovative and smart designs. When it decided to launch its own brand of Smartwatch the technology giant did quite a thorough market research it seems. The result is one of the best affordable Smartwatches in the market for active users.
Sony Smartwatch 3 is your perfect partner if you have been looking for something that has got all the important functions as well as is affordable. It has a sleek and lightweight design that I loved personally. Though the rectangular design reminds me of the Apple watch, but I can ignore that aspect given the price tag. Also, the watch is waterproof, which is an added advantage.
- Compatible with Android 4.3 and onwards
- IP68 water proof
- Battery life of approx. 2 days (depending upon usage)
- Accelerometer, ambient light sensor, GPS, Gyro, Compass
- Notifications and voice command control
- Standalone functions included
- Android Wear powered
What I did not like?
Sony is known for its designs too. So, a little classier look is expected from the brand. Also, iOS support is dearly needed.
Pebble 2 Smartwatch – Best Chinese Smartwatch for tech geeks and round the clock partner
Pebble 2 really cuts down to the necessities without delving much into extravagance. If you need a Smartwatch and a fitness monitor that does just these and you are not really in the mood to shell out extra bucks for the style, Pebble is the device for you.
I have listed two different versions of the Pebble 2 Smartwatch – one without the heart rate monitor and another having the HR monitor. Depending upon your choice, do select the one suiting your need. Personally I prefect the one without the HR as the HR probe feels kind of uncomfortable and unless you have heart issue you will certainly not monitoring your heart rate all through the day. The watch is also water resistant and offers in-depth analysis of all your activities, including sleeping. In short, the Pebble 2 is the no nonsense Smartwatch for tech geeks and active users.
- Sleep tracker and automatic step. HR monitor in addition available with the HR version of the watch
- Compatible with Android and iOS
- Music control
- Built-in microphone
- 7 days battery life (variable as per usage)
- Water resistant up to 30 meters
Pebble has been bought out by Fitbit. So, for all those who love these no nonsense features of Pebble should get the product now itself. There has been promises made that no change will take place till the end of 2017, but it’s always best to be ahead of time. If you were planning on buying a Pebble, this is the right time to do it. Also, Fitbit might be a Californian company, but the watches are made in China in most cases. So, do not be surprised to have your Pebble made in China.
What I did not like?
The one with the HR monitor has that probe at the back which I personally hate. However, besides that it was hard to say anything that I did not like, unless adding some more features to the watch falls under that context. Although it shouldn’t, since Pebble wanted to keep it affordable and addressing the basic needs. Making a watch a little stylish wouldn’t hurt though.
Vector Luna Smartwatch – Best battery life
Vector Luna made it to my list because of the massive battery life it offers, quite literally. But, before we proceed, let me make one thin g clear, Vector Watches has partnered with Fitbit and thus the Vector Luna Smartwatch is actually a Fitbit product in a way.
Fitbit has spread its wings quite wide in this market. Even though it is headquartered in California, the Smartwatches are made in China in most cases (printed in miniature on the band or any other part of the watch).
Coming back to the product, this is an absolutely beautiful product with the precision and quality of handcrafted material. The classic circular face suits the look and you get to choose from a range of materials of the body and the band. The watch face is completely customizable as well as the notifications you will be receiving from the mobile.
It works like a charm with both iPhone, Android and Windows 10 Smartphone, so that should not be bothering you either. With the customization of the look, you can use the watch pretty much on all occasions. Simply change the way it looks as per your necessity.
- Compatible with iPhone, Android and Windows 10 Smartphones
- 30+ days battery life (depending upon usage)
- Customizable notification alerts on the watch
- Call accept, reject, text receive and checking using watch
- No touch clutter free interface for clearer display
- Water resistant up to 50 meters
- Crafted in stainless steel body
- Health and activity tracker and monitor
What I did not like?
The one major point I did not like is the same one that made me include this in the list – it’s battery life. Vector Luna is no doubt a Smartwatch with exceptional battery life, but the advertised 30 days battery life is a bit too much of stretching. It can comfortably be used for 2 weeks straight without having to charge, certainly an impressive feat. However, to make it last for a month, you will have to be quite a light user. Even an average user will drain the watch faster.
Nixon Mission Smartwatch – Best choice for Active Sports enthusiasts
Do you love adventure sports?
Is surfing, skiing, skydiving your sort of thing?
If yes, Nixon Mission is the perfect watch for you. It is cool, it is stylish, and most importantly it is functional in all of the above circumstances. This watch has been crafted for the sports enthusiasts and keeping in mind their extreme requirements.
You have it all, from altimeter to thermometer, and more. This watch is water resistant till 100meter. Moreover, it comes with gesture and music control too. The watch is compatible with both Android and iOS.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 2100 processor
- Captive touch screen with multi touch recognition and wet finger touch technology
- Compatibility with Android 4.3 and iOS 8.2 and above
- Water resistance up to 100 meters or 330 feet (not recommended for diving, only snorkeling and swimming)
- Nixon Trace App allows tracking surfing or snowboarding session
- Google Fit, Google Maps and Google Music control included
- 4GB Flash memory and 512MB RAM
- Gyrometer, e-compass, altimeter, thermometer, barometer and GPS
- AMOLED display with Ambient Light Sensor
What I did not like?
Even though the Nixon Mission is said to be compatible with both Android and iOS, there are issues with the iOS pairing. With a company of its stature, that is an issue that should have been sorted before launch.
Tag Heuer Connected – Best luxury smart watch
TAG Heuer is known for the extravagant luxury items. It was no wonder when they brought out their own Smartwatch it is going to be nothing less. To begin with, TAG Heuer Connected is among the costliest Smartwatches available in the market. So, if you are planning on splurging, you are at the right spot.
The design of the watch bleeds class. It has got titanium casing that adds to the sheer beauty of this Smartwatch. The classic round shape along with the TAG dial makes it look like an actual watch, which is a lot better than having something on your wrist that screams “Smartwatch”. It is comfortable to wear all day long and certainly has the ease of use. It can pair up with both iPhone or Android mobiles and the Google store has quite a lot of apps built for the watch. You get to choose among three different dials and then get to download more.
- Connectivity with both iOS and Android
- 1GB main memory and 4GB storage capacity
- IP67 splash proof water resistance
- Titanium Grade 2 back casing
- 25 hours of battery life
What I did not like?
Considering the fact that it is the among the most expensive Smartwatches in the market, I definitely did hope that the battery life will be better than the 25 hours being mentioned. Also, it is merely splash-resistant. I would expect that a watch this expensive will be water proof at least. But then, considering the price tag, it is certainly for the premium users who will not be travelling for more than 25 hours without being able to charge or will get into water with this device on the wrist. I guess these will n ot bother those who can afford this smart piece.
The above list was compiled taking into consideration the best Smartwatch available under each type of category. However, the categories have been made with broad strokes and you can very well like to have one of the watches that really do not fall under the category you have been checking out. In the end, it is all about personal choices.
Smartwatch technology is developing fast and we are sure there are plenty of surprises in store in this year as well. We will come out with more such honest in-depth reviews. Keep following and do not forget to mention which one you loved the most.
If there are any other brand that you will like to add to the list mention them too. Until next time, have a great time!
Before buy anything, please check our coupon code 2018 to get big discount!